Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Tis the Season...for sugar that is!

I was at a Holistic Mom's meeting a few years ago and there was a Chiropractor there who was talking about the immune system. He touched a bit on the "flu season". He said that it is NO coincidence that flu season runs parallel with the most sugar ridden holidays of the year. It peaks in November (right after Halloween) and ends in April (right after Easter). I know I have mentioned it before but it is definitely worth repeating, more than 60% of your immune system is in your gut. If you fill your body with sugar, it is more susceptible to germs. Now I have two young kids and I don't want to be the militant sugar police, however I do set boundaries. I explain to them that if they eat too much junk they will get sick. And if they do get sick, no sugar for them is the rule!! Just a healthy reminder for my readers during the most tempting time of the season! Pick your "junk" wisely ;op

Resources:
http://www.holisticmoms.org/

1 comment:

  1. Wow! now that is something so "right in ones face" I would of never figured out.Holiday's,candy and sickness.Well,it certainly makes sense.Yes,I do believe that kids eat way to much candy and our stores are so filled with them.Its cheap and unfortunately really good stuff is expensive and regular food(neither really good or bad) is getting even more expensive.The garbage foods are still the cheapiest.I believe it can create all sorts of physical problems.Like my mom always told me that if you are going to eat anything,especially candy,Choc(which is always dark).eat in very limited moderation and get the best with all natural ingredients.Not full of junk and artifical flavors and ingredients .I totally agree with her and I have stuck to that thinking all my life. Super great post!!

    ReplyDelete

Beth and Morgans Blog