Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Goodbye Detox, Hello Lifestyle Changes

So...I am not going to finish my 30 days... There, I said it!

I was having reservations about stopping but then I couldn't stop obsessing about it, still! Although I am stopping early, I have learned a bunch. (no, not that I am a quitter!! LOL feeling slightly guilty can you tell) What I am going to do now, in lieu of the detox is make a lifestyle change with my diet. My diet is better then most peoples', however, there were some serious pitfalls. I had a habit of eating empty carbs and sugary treats more often then I should have. By empty carbs I mean pasta, bread (not white, but not homemade), crackers, etc. I am definitely going to be conscious of how much sugar is in things I am eating as well. For example, I looked at a Greek yogurt I have gotten in the past. It is fat free apple cinnamon. Sounds harmless right? Well it has 14g of sugar!! Sheesh. Overall, I did not feel any different from my 2 weeks of detox, nor did I lose any weight, however, I have a whole new perspective on what I was really eating/craving. Also, I did allow my body to do some healing because 2 weeks is better then nothing!! Thanks for all your comments and support and I urge all of you to look real closely to what you think you are eating, it may surprise you like it did me!

1 comment:

  1. Allowing something it is always good for the body, specially because stoping your mind from everything it desires is not good either. Also, very interesting applying your changes to people suffering from Candida I suffered it myself too!

    ReplyDelete

Beth and Morgans Blog