Sunday, December 19, 2010

Larabar Food Bars

If you haven't already tried them, Larabar food bars are really good. I think the most amazing part is that a commercial food company is selling a product with only the ingredients it needs, not the other "fillers" and preservatives. They have 18 different flavors, Tropical is my favorite. Here is a list of what's in the Tropical bar... Dates, Pineapple, Unsweetened Coconut, Almonds, Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, Cashews, Orange Juice Concentrate and Orange Peel. Sounds yummy doesn't it! When I was doing my detox a few months ago (post more about that later) it was my go to snack in the afternoon. Oh and another bonus, my kids LOVE them! They also have a Jocolat line but I've only had the mint one and it was a bit strong in the mint department for my taste. Check out their website, they have a pretty neat story on how it all began http://www.larabar.com/
 

1 comment:

  1. I have learned how to make my own "lara bars". It is totally easy. Start with dates in the food processor, then add chopped almonds and dried coconut flakes (desiccated coconut). Now, this is where I deviated from the recipe. I then put the sticky ball in a plastic bag and flatten it out. Into the fridge and I always have a "go snack" to grab.

    ReplyDelete

Beth and Morgans Blog