Thursday, May 19, 2011

Fluoride

Fluoride is a funky topic for me. Admittedly I have not researched it enough. I was however, reading my book "The Hundred Year Lie" and they touched on the topic. In reading this my feeling on the topic resurfaced so I thought I would post.

I used to only use toothpaste without fluoride but then I got paranoid because my teeth are pretty susceptible to issues so I went to a natural toothpaste like Tom's or Jason's with fluoride.

Now, again I haven't researched this but the book said that fluoridation came about in 1939 when a scientist (here we go again with these friggen scientists) working under a grant from the Aluminum Company of America recommended that it be added to the water supply to help prevent tooth decay. The author goes on to say that there was a reason the aluminum company recommended this. Apparently the aluminum and fertilizer companies create a by-product in their factory smokestacks called silicofluoride which contains lead, cadmium, arsenic and other toxins. It is very costly to properly dispose of this waste so they sold it to make fluoride. GREAT, just GREAT!!

Now as I read on I got a feeling that most of the concern is for ingesting the fluoride (seems obvious with the ingredients right) via the water supply but I suppose you still absorb a portion even if it is topical via toothpaste or dental treatments.

I feel like this is yet again another situation where you just feel defeated. We are constantly being bombarded by toxic chemicals so that someone can make or save a buck.

I will end this with a quote from the book:

"If the stuff gets out into the air, it's a pollutant. If it gets into the river, it's a pollutant. If it gets into the lake, it's a pollutant. But if it goes right straight into your drinking water system, it's not a pollutant. That's amazing!"

http://www.fluoridealert.org/50-reasons.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Beth and Morgans Blog