Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Bentonite Clay

Sorry it has been a while since my last post. I will try and not let it go so long between posts in the future :o)

I recently bought some Bentonite Clay from my Frontier Coop. There are a lot of uses for it from what I have read but I got it for detox purposes. It comes from volcanic ash, mostly from Wyoming. You can use it topically or orally. Either way all you do is add water. Although I did read on one website that you could add rose water or milk for a more soothing effect when applying it topically. You want to make a paste if using it on the skin. When you drink it just add a teaspoon to 8 oz or more of water. Oh, you can also add it to your bath water too.

Bentonite Clay has a negative ionic charge and most impurities, toxins, parasites have positive ionic charges so like they say "opposites attract". The toxins will stick to the clay and move out of your system. The clay is inert so it will not be absorbed by your system.

I have used the ready made store bought kind of Bentonite Clay before when I had a stomach bug. It did not have much of a flavor. I have not tried the powder I just bought yet so I can't let you know how that tastes. I will post some links so that you can do some research and see if this is something you are interested in too!

http://www.bulkherbstore.com/Bentonite-Clay-Powder
http://www.naturalnews.com/025854_clay_body_detox.html
http://www.aboutclay.com/

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this much needed post.I never heard of this Bentonite clay powder.If I had seen it in the past looking for something else it probably didn't compute in my brain as to whether it was any good or not.There is so much "stuff" out there,so many choices" it does get abit confusing if one isn't a scholar in this area of expertise :>) Nina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nina. There are so many amazing things in nature to heal us and I am excited to find them and pass them along :o)

    ReplyDelete

Beth and Morgans Blog