Friday, June 24, 2011

Strawberry Milk

My son is such a strawberry milk lover. Horizon organic milk makes a strawberry milk but I always wondered why no one made a strawberry syrup. Then I discovered an Agave strawberry syrup. He likes that but of course after I buy it I then hear that Agave is not all it's cracked up to be [shocked] not really. So I decided I would make my own strawberry syrup. Admittedly, it is not exactly like the fake stuff you buy (like anything in nature could be), but it isn't half bad either!! He loves it and that's all that matters. It is really simple to make so here is the recipe in case there are any strawberry milk lovers out there.

Strawberry Milk:
1 cup strawberries
1 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
boil for 10 minutes, then strain strawberries (feel free to save them and put in yogurt or cottage cheese or whatever for that matter)
I added a little natural strawberry flavor because really to me it tasted more sweet then like strawberries.

Here are some pictures:



1 comment:

  1. Yummo! I'm glad you showed the "strawberry" flavoring...I was wondering what it was :) Sjondi

    ReplyDelete

Beth and Morgans Blog