Wednesday, February 23, 2011

CANDIDA UPDATE! I ATE PIZZA! Q&A FROM READERS!!

I've had so many people tell me, after reading this blog, "I don't know how you do it", or "it seems a little scary", well I don't know how I managed it either, I'm still on the diet..yes months later, but I have been able to try some new things, 2 months ago I couldn't even eat a rice tortilla without getting sick..well I had one 2 days ago, and it went down easy breezy. I also had an amazing rice crust pizza with vegan cheese, spinach and tomato sauce and it was AMAZING!! 




So faith, determination, and willpower will get you there, knowing that your making your body happy and loving yourself is the reward!  Is it scary. At first its terrifying, what do you eat, how will you afford it, how will you find the time, all the while you feel like hell, your going through major detox and die-off, your totally sick, loosing weight (I actually woke up one morning and looked in the mirror and started crying looking at myself, I was so thin) But you know what's even scarier, getting your ribs cut open so you can have bypass surgery after years of abusing your body. I watched an episode on 20/20 where Barbara Walters interviewed Bill Clinton, Robin Williams,David Letterman, etc. as well as sharing her own experience. Bill Clinton had a very moving segment especially, on how he spent the majority of his life eating hot dogs, hamburgers you name it, and how the surgery changed his life and he is now eating more healthy foods, no red meat..etc. He was 90 percent blocked. Makes you think that if you eat healthy and take care of yourself perhaps you could decrease your odds of this. This is of course examples of those who lived and excludes many other thoughts, but my point is..choose to take care of yourself now.

Its hard at first but, I have so much energy and I don't even touch coffee, I eat, and feel good instead of feeling like I ate a giant watermelon, I sleep like a baby, and my skin is radiant. I still have my moments here and there when I run out of a vitamin or I don't eat enough greens but I am so happy I made it through to the other side, and I will never go back. I'm happy to report that my dearest cousin is now going to a naturopathic after experiencing this with me and reading our blog. We are tracking her recovery from many things mostly allergies and hoping for her recovery. My love in NYC is starting slow but I have managed to get him off certain alcohols that are filled with sugar and yeast to help his condition, and now I'm so happy to hear from a candida survivor and would love to hear more about your experience so others can learn from what we have been through! As for the juice. Morgan says it doesn't have sugar so I would say go for it! 



Speaking of sugar:I've had some friends who are suffering from Candida ask me, why no sugar. I know this seems really hard to do, but you have to Stop feeding your Candida so you can stop it from growing. Continue feeding the unhealthy bacteria the foods that help them proliferate and you’ll continue to deal with adverse problems such as cravings, mood swings, rashes, sinus problems and weight gain.

It’s good to eat healthful food but it’s most important to avoid specific foods while trying to starve the albicans out of your body. Cravings can be difficult at first but if you consider the long term health benefits, it can make the battle much easier. Once you’ve helped your body return to a better pH level, you can slowly reintroduce some of the foods in moderation. Look for more alkaline food and less acidic food to achieve a better pH. Foods to avoid include: vinegars, fungi such as mushrooms, sweeteners such as sugar, syrup and honey, refined carbs and food with high levels of gluten, caffeine, alcohol, dairy food and junk or fast food. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Beth and Morgans Blog