Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Chiropractor Care

My 2 1/2 year old daughter Ava is pigeon toed. I wasn't sure what to do to help correct it at first. I had heard about putting her shoes on the wrong feet, which I tried, but she is a shoe diva and if they are not perfect, they are not to be worn. So, back to the drawing board. I had heard about kids being put in "special" shoes or even braces. Again, unless those shoes come in pink with rhinestones, they aren't touching her tootsies! So it occurred to me one day to take her to the chiropractor. I had actually never been myself, which to some people sounds weird given the lifestyle I live but it just wasn't an area I knew much about. Actually that's not true. When I thought of a chiropractor, I thought "rack and crack" and it scared the pants off of me. I actually knew someone who went to one like that and wound up needing back surgery from the damage they caused. Luckily, a friend of mine has a sister-in-law who is a chiropractor that uses a different technique, one far less invasive than the traditional doctors. She uses a variety of gentle techniques but the one she uses on Ava is called the Activator technique. It is this tool that applies a gentle "pop" to stimulate your body to correct itself. I'm not really doing the explanation justice I'm sure. However, I can say it is amazing! We are seeing great results with Ava's feet. It is actually a hip issue; hers is out of line causing her feet to turn in. Before seeing Dr. Weller, when Ava would run, she would almost trip over her left foot. Now when she runs they are almost perfectly aligned! This is just after 3 sessions. She is such a good little patient too; she just lays on the table while Dr. Weller adjusts her. She says every week "mommy, we have to go to the doctor cause my feet are crooked". So sweet! I was also having hip issues and she adjusted me... my hip hasn't hurt since. Pretty amazing!
I know a lot of naturopath people go to the chiropractor pretty regularly. It is thought that if your body is aligned it makes for a healthier immune system. It also helps with allergies too from what I hear.
I will post her website so you can see what type of chiropractor Dr. Weller is and maybe find one in your area that uses the same techniques, or if you are in her neck of the woods, I highly recommend her!

http://www.gentlehealingcare.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Beth and Morgans Blog