Friday, March 25, 2011

Rice

So I am going to put nutrition aside for a minute...I know, I know. I have never been a fan of brown rice. I don't really like the taste or the texture. On the other hand, I love white rice. Of course, white rice has no nutritional value (it's the equivalent of eating white bread versus wheat bread). Anyway, so one day I decided to cook the two together and to my excitement it is YUMMY!. You pretty much cook it the same way but you start with the brown rice since that takes longer to cook. For example, I usually make a cup of rice. For this I take a half cup of brown rice, put it in two cups of water and cook it for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes I add the other half cup of white rice, stir then let cook for an additional 20 minutes. Vwalaa (have no idea if I spelled that right lol) you have the perfect blend of brown and white rice!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Beth and Morgans Blog