Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Quinoa Oatmeal

So the other day after making my quinoa meatballs (recipe in older post) I had some left over cooked quinoa. I put in the fridge and forgot about it for a few days. Then when I rediscovered it I decided to make oatmeal out of it. I just put some milk (can also use almond or coconut milk), vanilla extract and a little sugar (you could also use honey or real maple syrup) on the bottom of the pan and heated it till the sugar dissolved (didn't take long). Then I added the leftover quinoa and some raisins and cinnamon and mixed till it was hot. It definitely has a different texture then regular oatmeal but it was really yummy!! It reminded me of rice pudding. I forgot to take a picture but I will make it again and take one so you can see how delish it looks!.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Beth and Morgans Blog