Monday, April 4, 2011

What's in your Gatorade?

So I was at the zoo today and it was pretty hot. I drank all my water and needed some refreshment and fast. I was looking in the cooler and saw some Gatorade. You can tell I was overheated cause my brain said ahhhh, that sounds yummy. So I open it up and start chugging. After my brain cells have been restored from the heat I turn it over and read the ingredients. It wasn't "that" bad (except for all the sugar, but not high fructose I might add) until I got to the glycerol ester of rosin (does it sound like wood...oh that's cause it is) and the brominated vegetable oil (banned in most countries except US of course). UGH! I really wish chemists would stop making food and beverages! Apparently adding these two toxic ingredients together keep citrus flavored drinks from separating. Well I don't buy it (not literally, figuratively...I already bought it lol). There are plenty of citrus flavored drinks without either one of these ingredients, some of which Gatorade makes. Many of you won't know, cause I have only seen them sold in Whole Foods, but Gatorade makes a natural line with no food dyes or wood or oil for that matter. Anyway, no more orange Gatorade for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Beth and Morgans Blog