Thursday, April 7, 2011

For those with Candida

Hello all!  I just wanted to send everyone a note from the candida section. Most of Morgans blogs are not regarding Candida even though some are appropriate, so I have dedicated a section to Candida only as a separate link. However, I wanted to let everyone know that  today is the big day "blood work". I'm in the doctors office now, crossing my fingers. I'm on month 6 with a couple of months prior leading  into my treatment.

Early January I had blood work which indicated major progress. My liver enzymes were still up, my thyroid still working a little too hard, my PH still is off, but Dr. Mann was so happy to know that my intestinal wall was sealed off, my blood much cleaner, and even though she is concerned that my white blood cells were still on guard and my immune system still isn't exactly where she wants it to be, I received a shining review. We have now gone some time with additional treatments for my liver, assisting my thyroid, and so forth. She has been a saving grace through it all, but I am still experiencing serious "die off" at times. I'm looking forward to getting my new blood work so we can tweak things a little, and regain my progress. It seems to me we have hit a bit of a plateau of sorts.

For those of you who are not sure if you have Candida and or would like more information on getting started. Check out my blog page under Candida and use the food sheet provided in the link below to know what you can and cannot eat.  This site was very helpful to me and has many recipes and stages that were approved by my doctor as "being on the right track" when I first started. Ofcourse you have to be very careful. For instance if you have a tender liver there are things you must not take. If you have serious candida coconut can throw you into the worse die off of your life. I learned this all the hard way. Get to a doctor first and work through it with them. You need your blood work first so you know exactly what your dealing with here before you start your diet.

my email is beth@bethmay.com

http://www.thecandidadiet.com

I will take you through months 4-6 soon and introduce some foods that are easy and that I love like

A brief intro:

PUMPKIN SOUP
Take 1 small pumpkin, cut it in half, and remove the seeds, cut one half into squares and remove the outer skin. Put half of the pumpkin into a medium sauce pan and fill with water to cover the pumpkin squares. Take 1/2 of 1 red onion and dice. Place into sauce pan. Boil all ingredients on high until the pumpkin is tender. Place everything into a blender and mix until smooth. Serve hot, sprinkle some basil and some sea salt to taste. If you'd like a topping you can take the pumpkin seeds and put them in the oven and bake until fully toasted. 


THE EASIEST STIR FRY EVER
Seriously I'm not a master chef. I only started cooking about a year and half ago, and when your busy its even harder to learn. The easiest candida safe thing you could cook is this stir fry. Literally take a saucepan and about 6 tomatoes which you cut into halves and throw in, cut long thin slices of onions, and slice some zucchini and red peppers. Add some olive oil to the bottom of the pan. Candida safe make sure the olive oil is Cold Pressed and Extra Virgin, and literally cook them until they start getting brown. Use a spoon to smash the tomatoes and onions. Stir until brown. Once that is done add your cooked brown rice and the rest of your ingredients. Its easy, its fast, and Candida hate it! Its perfect, and it tastes so good! Flavor! Ahh. 

I know it seems really overwhelming, so if you need a friend, or have a lot of questions send us your comments or email me directly and we can talk. Its all going to be okay, and we can get through this together! If you have recovered from Candida, we would love to hear from you~!

Thank you again to my friends who have helped me through this, and to my new friends who have taken such an interest! I love you

No comments:

Post a Comment

Beth and Morgans Blog