Sunday, November 28, 2010

Homeopathic remedy for stomach aches

So my 4 year old son Payton had a bad stomach bug a while back. He wouldn't eat, or hardly drink, and was running a fever for a few days. It's a sad sight to see your child come down with a stomach bug. I started doing some research on natural stomach remedies and also talked with my natropath doctor and decided to try the homeopathic remedy Carbo Vegetabilis. I went to the local natural food store and saw that Hyland's (a homeopathic company) had a product called Upset Stomach. It provides natural relief for gas and digestive upset. It is a charcoal based formula. Charcoal is known to absorb toxins from your intestinal wall and dispose of them in your bowels. I used this along with a heavy dose of probiotics and Payton started feeling better pretty quick. My family has since used this product every time we have had an angry tummy. I would highly recommend adding this to your "medicine" cabinet.

When I was diagnosed with IBS in college the gastroenterologist told me never to use over the counter antacid remedies like Pepto and Mylanta, etc. She said that most people actually need those natural acids, that these products destroy, in your gut to help balance the upset. Before I knew this you could always look in my purse and see rolls of Tums or Rolaids. Since then, I have never touched one of those products. Sometimes I think we get caught up in all that fancy marketing by pharmaceutical companies and forget to realize that God made our bodies to work a certain way. Most things will pass on their own if you allow your body to do what it needs to do. Or, assist your body with natural remedies like the one I just mentioned. It is important to realize that everything you put in your body will cause a reaction, some good, and some bad. It is far less likely to have a bad reaction if you stick to something natural.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Beth and Morgans Blog