Saturday, November 27, 2010

Month 1 Complete of the Candida Diet: From Beth

Hey Morgan and all, thank you for all your wonderful posts, Morg. I totally didn't know about the immune system vs. the stomach. Something that made me think!


I have successfully completed my first month of the candida diet cleanse!!!
and all is going as well as expected. Of course, I have experienced every symptom they say you are going to experience while going through it like
  • Nausea
  • Headache, fatigue, dizziness
  • Swollen glands
  • Bloating, gas, constipation or diarrhea
  • Increased joint or muscle pain
  • Elevated heart rate
  • Chills, cold feeling in your extremities
  • Body itchiness, hives or rashes
  • Sweating
  • Fever
  • Skin breakouts
  • Recurring infections and inflammation
  • Mental Detox and reliving depression or chronic stress
  • Nightmares
  • Skin crawling
  • Food Cravings
But I am now through the worst of it, which is learning how to change everything! I'm not going to lie it was absolute hell. I really didn't think I was going to make it through this far, and I have to say I leaned a lot on Dr. Charles Stanley www.intouch.org (Its a must do part of your every day life. Prayer, and faith)...

.... my artwork, friends, and family. Wow, a support system is really important. I had an acupuncture treatment yesterday and my Naturopathic was very pleased with my progress and said my skin was softer then she could have ever imagined and I am now 2 full months without a blemish. UNBELIEVABLE. Its really the biggest miracle I could have ever hoped for. I did have many moments when I thought I was so hungry I just wouldn't make it, but then God sent me angels like this woman's story sent to me through a friend who just went through it. She experienced serious weight gain after her first born, night sweats, and most of the horrible things one has with candida overgrowth and hormone imbalance. She was loaded with antibiotics and was in and out of doctors trying to understand why she was so ill only to be getting worse. After a doctor diagnosed her with obesity she called it quits to doctors, and went in search for an answer. After almost a decade of living with Candida she finally realized what she had and is now SYMPTOM and extra overwhelming WEIGHT free. She also realized her blood type had alot to do with her eating as well. With the right diet, herbs, and probiotics she cured herself and is no longer diabetic,  or has any thyroid conditions, is off all steroids, medications and is now back to normal. This was my sign to keep going. Then I spoke to a Dr. who studied under Dr. William Crook, "The Father of Candida Therapy" who passed in 2002.


William G. Crook, MD, popularized the idea that multiple intestinal and systemic symptoms can arise from chronic intestinal yeast infection. The yeast connection to chronic disease was first described by C. Orion Truss, MD, in his journal articles in the 1970s and in his 1983 book The Missing Diagnosis. Dr. Crook always gave Dr. Truss credit for discovering this yeast-related disorder.
He said, "I'm doing everything right and all the candida die-off symptoms I'm having are normal." In light of all of this I am persevering. I wanted to write this update in case anyone might find us here, and give some additional tips I found here and there on the Internet, and some I didn't find. I know its a really hard, very trying time, and even with all the support online, docs, and health experts somehow you still need the reassurance that what your doing is working. It is, and it will, so persevere!!!!


Now I did take a different approach and for one month I gently took myself off certain things and started a gentle detox, like increase greens, eliminate most sugar but still ate some berries, etc. Then I went full detox. I didn't want to shock my body after years of abuse. I'm also 105 lbs. so I wanted to maintain my weight. Since the first month I have continued to get better. I haven't had night sweats, no breakouts, no cysts, my fatigue has dissipated unless I am in "die-off" state, I'm regular, and my depression has left me completely! I know I have many months ahead of me, but some notes to those who really want to do this. 


To prepare for the candida diet and on your way to wellness: 


Look at it like a vacation or a camping trip. Pack these essentials in your home!


15 MUST HAVES FOR MONTH 1 OF THE CANDIDA DIET
1. Time off and money: If you have any vacation days, savings, parents that are close by, an understanding husband, see if its at all possible to take some time off. Getting prepared will take some time. If you can't, understand that your going to need to spend all the time you have learning to cook or cooking differently, and its going to financially set you back a bit. Its very expensive for groceries as everything has to be organic, and cooked or raw. I know this sounds discouraging, but please understand if you don't take care of this now, its going to land you in the hospital with bills of unimaginable heights and some things you may never be able to overcome. 
2. Print pages from this site and stick it on your fridge
www.thecandidadiet.com
3. Pumpkin Muffins will save you through this diet and they aren't hard to make. They will curb the craving for bread if your A. Italian like me, and B. love bread and butter... he, he...
2/3 cup flax gel, 2 eggs, 1/2 cup vegetable glycerin, 1 cup pumpkin (peel and cube appx. 1/2 of a small pumpkin and toss it in a blender), 1/4 cup coconut oil, 1/2 tsp vitamin c crystals, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 tsp vanilla, 1 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp allspice, 1 tsp nutmeg, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp cloves, 2 cups quinoa flour
Preheat oven to 350 F. Mix all your ingredients together except for the flour, then stir that in last after the rest is well blended. Grease muffin tin with coconut oil. Bake for approx 18 min. This will make 12 muffins. 
Pumpkin Muffins

4. Almond Butter will also save you! OMG. But get the almond butter from Whole Foods that's fresh, grind it yourself, its better then the almond butter in a jar. You can make a fresh batch of this and munch on it with celery, rice cakes (plain, gluten free, salt free, brown rice cakes..in moderation) YUM! Will curve your sweet cravings. 

Brown Rice Cakes with Almond Butter

5. SALADS! They are inexpensive and totally perfect for quick, on the go, need a meal fixes. You can do anything with a salad, but make sure you get a spray bottle and fill it with raw, unpasteurized apple cider vinegar to spray down your veggies to kill bacteria. (I thought about this when this lady with long unmanicured nails started groping my vegetables while removing them from my bag to separate them for inventory sake, GROSS! Well, sometimes you can't afford Whole Foods, so you get what you pay for, he he...) Then I read that you should be doing this anyway! He, he..  Anyway, you can put your fish of choice in the salads, put some eggs to the side, experiment with different veggies. Take a fresh lemon and put it on top for your dressing. Just lemon!

Spinach Cucumber Red Pepper and Salmon Salad
with Fresh Squeezed Lemon


6. Naturopathic: They have healthy answers to everything. If you get an infection seek a naturopathic. NO OVER THE COUNTERS, NO ANTIBIOTICS, you don't need them. I know its hard. I always took the pill from the doctor and in 2 days it was gone, but really you don't need to hurt your body. Those pills are only going to hurt you in the long run and your infection will shortly return.  There are many natural things you can do, but if your a bit of a pre-madonna like me you won't like sticking things in places that don't belong. There is an amazing product called Quell-Fire from Kan Herb, get a prescription from your Naturopathic and order it online. If your also like me and have never experienced serious inflammation but have had many infections. The inflammation is normal. Its your bodies way of protecting your vital organs while the candida tries to fight to stay alive. This stuff works and will reduce the inflammation and infection is a couple of days. I'm meeting with a new doctor soon. I'm really excited. I will be getting a blood cell analysis and going further into the problem for resolution. 


7. Probiotics: I used these from day one. Make sure they have Acidophilus and Bifidobacteria and are non dairy if you have dairy allergies like me. I use the Intestinal Care DF and it comes in a Blue bottle. But be careful. I started with a very small dosage probiotic before going to this one. If your body is really unhealthy, like mine was, you will experience major symptoms in the bathroom. Start light with like 1 billion. If you want to go higher, take it in stages. You will know if its working when you start to get more regular. At first I was almost in shock at how it worked, but now I'm fine.


8. Get a heating pad: When you experience cramps, back ache, neck ache, face pain, you name it, your going to go through it, then it will be gone!!! This is your body ridding itself of the candida. You will need a heating pad. Try not to take over the counter medications like Advil. Try to teach yourself healthier better ways. Herbs, herbs, herbs. 


9. Cotton undergarments: Oh man this was a hard one for me. Everything I own is lace. I know this is getting a little personal, but you have to do it girls. You can still go sexy but make sure its 100% cotton and sexy. Victoria Secrets is a tough sell on this one, but they do have some items. Macy's is a good one, they have options. Watch out for the spandex and fibers, not good, even when they say the lining is cotton. Still no good. I will get back to you if I find any other options and brands. 


10. Peppermint Tea: You will need this for the nausea, its going to get intense and this will save you.


11. Vitamin C Crystals - 1000 mg a day: You will need this to keep up your immune system. There are also herbs from your naturopathic that can help you as well.


12. Lemons and Extra Virgin All Natural, Cold Pressed, Olive Oil: Use these things on as many things as you can in place of other toppings, or dressings!


13: Coconut Oil (organic, extra virgin, unrefined, cold pressed): You can use this as a mouthwash in the morning, the longer you swish it will become a liquid, but don't swallow it, its full of toxins... this will help with the tongue if your experiencing antibiotic tongue, and use it on your lips for dry mouth. I've heard its good as lotion but its too greasy for me. But definitely cook with it. It may speed up your die off so back off if your symptoms get too out of hand. Its a powerful anti fungal. 


14. Almond Milk: This is an excellent escape from Milk, but make sure its SUGAR FREE, and unsweetened. 


15. WATER! I saved the most important for last: you must drink alot of WATER WATER WATER! I like Qure and Smart Water. This helps rid the body of toxins. If you have a weak liver like I do, I also back that up with teas that help detoxify. But be careful and check with your naturopathic. Mixing things may not be good:)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Beth and Morgans Blog