Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Homemade Dressing

I was at a party over Memorial Day weekend and a friend brought in the most delicious homemade bleu cheese dressing. I have made my own vinaigrette dressings before but never a creamy one. I don't know how many of you have read the salad dressing labels but it is loaded with a bunch of stuff you can't pronounce. So I made my own creamy base, split it in half and made two different dressings to it. They were great! The picture is of the roasted garlic Gorgonzola one. Once you make the base you can play around and add whatever you like!

Base:
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
1/4 cup mayo
salt and pepper

Mix and refrigerate for at least 24 hours so the flavors mesh then add whatever you want. I added 2-3 oz Gorgonzola cheese and 1 head of roasted garlic to mine.

1 comment:

  1. The pic and receipe looks and reads so yummy..It is so true.Reading labels is very scary these days.I do wish the govt would leave us all completely alone so we can go back to growing our own food like the good old days and make and use only natural ingredients in our food.Great idea!!Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete

Beth and Morgans Blog