Sunday, April 15, 2012

30 day detox


I'm sure most of you have read about the importance of detoxing. We are bombarded daily with toxins via the food we eat, the air we breathe and many many other things. God made our bodies capable of taking care of most of these toxins with our many filter organs, however, because we are so inundated we need to help our body by cleaning it out every now and again. I have heard and agree that detoxing yourself two times a year is ideal.

A friend shared an interesting site with me called the Whole 30 (http://whole9life.com/2012/01/whole-30-v2012/) and it enticed me to try a modified version of the detox. I am going to for the next 30 days (and who knows maybe a lifetime if I feel amazing afterwards) remove gluten and sugar from my diet. These are two pretty big parts of my diet so I am hoping I will feel the difference. Now, I am going to allow honey and brown rice syrup, along with the occasional glass of wine so that I don't kill anyone lol. The last time I did a detox I thought I did pretty well but my husband said he was ready to leave me during it...I know, so dramatic these men are ;op.

I will be, or at least try to, track my progress on the blog. I am sure I will find some new recipes or alternative food options that maybe you guys can incorporate into your lives. If anyone wants to join me, I could use the moral support!! The detox starts tomorrow so let the spring cleaning begin!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Beth and Morgans Blog