Sunday, April 22, 2012

Week 1 of Detox

I have made it through the first week. I have to say, this has been an interesting journey thus far. Like I said before, going gluten free has been the easy part, it's the sugar free that has been the challenge. Sugar is in everything it seems. I have been on a bunch of different websites trying to find homemade snacks I can make to curb my sweet desires and it either has gluten or sugar in it's recipe...Grrr. I tried to make pancakes this morning using rice and coconut flours and they turned out more like biscuits then pancakes, but they ate! I have to admit, part of me really wants to shorten this 30 venture to say, 14 days or so. Humans are such creatures of habit. I just don't like the fact that I can't have what I want even though I know I don't need it. Well, I will move forward for now and we will see how far I get.

1 comment:

  1. You deserve a Metal!! ;>) Great going and keep up your great Detox.It really takes a lot of determination and strong will to hang in there and do what you are doing for the great health for you and your family.Take care and I will be looking forward to reading more of your progress.

    ReplyDelete

Beth and Morgans Blog