Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Day 3 Detox


I survived day 3 and it was easier then yesterday. I found this awesome recipe for chocolate mousse (or frosting) that is amazing and it has no sugar!! http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2012/01/16/chocolate-frosting-shots/

Just to show you that you can survive eating out on this detox, my husband wanted to stop at our favorite pizza place for dinner. I reminded him that I can't eat gluten or sugar and a pizza place wasn't the right option for me. Well, they had red snapper tacos and they served me the fish over roasted spinach, tomatoes and onions!!! Then I had a caesar salad. Not too bad right? Guess I didn't need to throw the fit I did before we got there after all (he he).

Oh, here is a recipe for gluten sugar free muffins that I made too...
http://friskylemon.com/2012/02/14/coconut-flour-morning-glory-muffins/

1 comment:

  1. I've been off of sugar and gluten, well and wheat, yeast, etc.etc. for close to 2 years now. I just went to the doc yesterday, and while I still have much to do balancing flora and getting my immune system up after many years of illness..I am candida free!!! Take it from me, the sugar is the hardest!!! Unless your just talking about processed white sugar.. Be prepared for this detox to def. Have mental side effects. Also what we often forget is the body processes carbs as high content sugar. Removing sugar means many things aside from just "sugar" No fruit, potatoes...etc. also.I would recommend doing some research online for the foods that register in the body as high sugar. I wouldn't recommend doing this for a lifetime with a normal healthy body although it will make you feel better in many ways...it has a downside. If your going to treat yourself, having a piece of fruit(low sugar-berries), or a healthy dessert is much better than a glass of wine. Wine is not only unhealthy for the liver its one of the highest sources of sugar you can load into your system. It immediatly hits your blood stream!!! Try a vegetable soup with lots of cabbage etc. It will give you the same relaxing "high" Congrats on the detox!

    ReplyDelete

Beth and Morgans Blog