Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Detox Week 2 - Revised



This is me...waving the white flag on my 30 day detox. Ok, it's not really me and I am not really giving up, but after my first week, things are going to change. I had a lovely talk with Beth today, whom I miss terribly, and she put some things in perspective for me. First of all she was very proud of what I had accomplished thus far. She said that I probably should have weaned myself off of gluten and sugar rather then quitting cold turkey! So I decided that I am going to give myself some grace here. When I start to have a intense craving for something, I will allow myself to enjoy it. Now I am not talking about a bag of jellybeans, although they do sound yummy (he he). The whole purpose of me doing this was to detox, however, I have been counterproductive in my detox because I have been stressed/obsessed about what I am or are not eating. When it starts consuming you like that there is a problem!! I have to create balance in my life you know?! So the new journey begins. Week 2 Revised detox ;o)

2 comments:

  1. Can we go to Joey's next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy reading your blogs I agree with this decision. Shocking your body with drastic detox will prove less effective. Better to reduce , your body will crave less the less sugar you give it. Drastic detox can stress the body significantly. Can't wait to read your next post. Witty, fun, and educational writing !

    ReplyDelete

Beth and Morgans Blog